Getecha RS 6000 Series Large Part, High Throughput, Heavy Duty Granulators
The RS 6000 Series granulators are ideally suited to the following applications:
Large part granulating
Heavy-duty parts granulating
High throughput central granulating
The RS 6000 Series Granulators are designed for applications requiring the best built, heavy-duty granulators for particularly demanding applications.
Up to 6,500+ pounds per hour throughput
24" diameter, segmented rotors
Widths up to 60 inches
Individual machine adjustment by modular design
Optimal accessibility for cleaning and servicing
Hydraulically activated hopper with side access door (tool free operation)
Hydraulically activated screen cradle (tool free operation)
Fully removable screen cradle on casters (tool free operation)
Electro-hydraulic swinging up of the screen-carriage until the
running roller touches the ground
Screen cradle rolls on casters and with very little effort can be rolled completely out from the cutting chamber. With the screen cradle removed, access to the cutting chamber is unmatched.
Superior rotor design
Segmented rotor for lengthened blade life (standard)
Off-rotor blade setting fixture for fastest blade changes (standard)
12" length blades for easy and safe blade handling (standard)
Staggered design for optimal cutting efficiency, reduced horsepower, better regrind and quieter operation (depending on application - no upcharge)
Multi-blade rotor configurations (3, 5, 7, 9)
Individually replaceable rotor segments (standard)
Various rotor designs depending on the application
Reverse mounted blade design (optional, application dependent)
Note the reverse mounting style of the blades to the rotor shelf. By affixing the blades to the underside of the blade shelf, the blade positioned in reinforced during operation. With this mounting design, the lifting affect on blades in very heavy-duty applications is eliminated, greatly reducing the need to rebuild the rotor blade mounting shelves resulting in a significantly lower cost of ownership with the granulator.
Massive pulley/flywheel for reduced energy consumption and stable operation (standard)
Rotor bearings positioned outside the cutting chamber for longevity and easy of access (standard)
Optional 3rd bed knife for special applications (application dependent option)
Scissors cut for better regrind and cutting efficiency (standard)
Continuous cutting radius for consistent performance (standard)
Split screens for easier handling (standard)
Split evacuation material container for more consistent removal of regrind (standard)
Controls and electronics
Control panel incorporates controls for granulator, evacuation system, hydraulic system (standard)
Smart relay with fault reporting screen for identifying potential fault conditions (standard)
Self monitoring safety switches to meet new safety requirements
Remote operated handheld control wand (standard, see photo, click on photo to link to full feature description)
All components are integrated as standard into the electronic controls
Machine Drawings (pdf files):
RS 6012 and RS 6015 machine drawing
RS 6009a1_34 System Set-up with full evacuation system
RS 6012 & 6015 _a1_35 with conveyor feed heightened hopper
RS 6009_a1 standard unit with sound enclosure
Granulating of automobile parts (bumpers, instrument panels and miscellaneous small parts)
Description of system:
15 feet with 30° ascension, 3 feet horizontal, width 36 inches
Conveyor feeding height 16 inches, granulator feeding height 120 inches
Double-folded metal-detector tunnel with a free passage of 30 inches tall
Granulator RS 6009
Inlet hopper adapted to the conveyor belt
85 HP drive
Blades in HSS-quality 64 HRC
Fitted with mobile hand-operating unit (Standard!)
Suction system with exhaust air de-dusting
All-metal separator on the outlet of regrind
Granulation of automotive parts in single man operated granulating room with limited space. Safety factor of operator falling onto conveyor belts and into granulator expressed by customer as major issue.
The RS 6009 with a 85 HP motor was used for this application. For reasons of space, only a short conveyor belt and a hopper with lower inlet-height could be applied for the granulator II. The longest parts will therefore be granulated on granulator I.
Granulator I: Throughput 1400 lb/h, size of granulate 5 ± 1mm
Parts with dimensions of up to 72" x 32", diagonal 80"
Part weight up to 12 pounds
Granulator II: Throughput 1200 lb/h, size of re-granulate 5 ± 1mm
Parts with dimensions of up to 58" x 7", diagonal 60"
Part weight up to 5 pounds
- Angular-conveyor belts with ascending part and 1-meter-long horizontal part before the hopper inlet
- Double-layer, separated metal-detection coil with free passage of 32 inches
- RS 6009 with 85 HP motor
- Blades in HSS-quality, 64 HRC
- Operation of the granulator through mobile hand-operating unit
- Load-dependant control of the conveyor belts
- Housing for the sound insulation of the granulators adapted to the granulator space.
- Pneumatic conveyor for the conveyance of the granulator to the air-separation system
Air separation systems:
- The air separation blowers are fitted with frequency converters so that the optimal de-dusting level can be set in a very sensitive manner.
- The exhaust air is filtered through the dust-sacks
- The complete facility is grounded for the purpose of minimising static charge
- The share of dust is stored in a closed plastic barrel. The barrel can be comfortably emptied.
Getecha supplied the complete system, installed it at customer's site and performed initial operation together with the customer. In the process, the operating personnel were intensively trained.
SAFETY ISSUE: To address the concern about the single operator safety factor, Getecha recommended a metal detecting pad at the entrance to the room. The procedure required any person entering the room be stand on the metal detector (located at the foot of the door) to insure the metal-toed shoes are being worn. When a person stands on the device with the metal-toed shoes, the door unlocks and allows for passage into the room. Due to the metal detectors on the conveyor belts, should an operator fall onto the conveyor belt, the belt will stop prior to the operator being transported to the granulator.
INJECTION MOLDING: LARGE BULKY PARTS
Granulating of patio furniture (table plates, chairs with low and high support) without bridging in hopper
Feeding by conveyor belt
Suction and de-dusting of the granulate
- Angular-conveyor belts with ascendant part and 1m long horizontal part before the hopper inlet
- Single-fold metal-detector coil
- RS 6012 with 90 hp motor
- Blades in HSS-quality, 64 HRC
- Operation of the granulator through mobile hand-operated unit
- Load-dependant control of the conveyor belt
- Press-in device: while feeding-in stacked-up chairs, they may fall apart in the hopper and block passage. Then, the operator activates a switch which runs the pneumatic press-in device in the hopper downwards. It presses the chairs into the open 3-blade-rotor.
- Transport blower for discharge to the air separating system.
Air separating system
- After the air separating system, the granulate falls through an all-metal separator into a small material container
- A second smaller suction unit then conveys it to a discharge height suitable for an octabin
Prevention of part bridging in hopper:
The slide valve is moved by two pneumatic cylinders.
The operator has a big switch on the delivery station. As long as he presses the switch the cylinders run out downwards. As soon as the operator releases the switch, the cylinders run upwards again.
The slide valve is used when required.
EXTRUSION: HEAVY WALLED PIPING AND PIPE FITTINGS
- Granulation of pipes, tubes, start-up bars, fittings,
- Material: PP partially reinforced
- Throughput: 1,200 lb/h per customer
Tubes (photo right)
Length: 10 feet
Wall thickness: 1.25 inches
Fittings (photo right)
Length: 9 inches
Diameter: 7.5 inches
Wall thickness: 1.25"
- Granulator RS 6009 with 5 - blades - rotor
- Bypass profile hopper for tubes, with reinforced version metal one-way flyback curtain (photo to right)
- Hopper with solid metal curtain, to avoid back splashing
of parts or granule
- Motor capacity: 75 HP
- Wear and tear package:
HSS - blades (64 HRC), screen nitrocarburated
Entrance to bypass hopper positioned on
a permanent 12' X 20' platform outside the granulating
room. One-way metal flyback curtains to prevent piping from being propelled back at operator
- load depending control for conveyor belt
- sound insulation
- Suction unit 2000 blower evacuation system
- Exhaust air dedusting GE 200 with metal separator
Shown with conveyor belt removed from feeding position. Note the blue barrels for the collection of dust from the air-dusting system for easy emptying of accumulated dust (see arrow)